At just 18 years old, Zoe Wees' unique voice immediately draws you in, but it's her story that really commands attention. Deep, dark, honest. This is how Zoe Wees describes herself ...and her music. This month's Music Alive! cover story covers it all.
Music Alive Books
Zoe Wees’ music helps her take “Control”
Ancient Greek society revolved around music
Mixing is part technical and part creative, making it really fun!
You may or may not need a degree to have a career in music.
“Dancing Queen” is ABBA’s biggest hit
Activity plans for this month's features
Song of the Month
Zoe Wees' "Control"
Hear the Music: This monthly playlist accompanies every issue of Music Alive!
- Control Zoe Wees 3:51
- Dancing Queen ABBA 3:51
- Heavy Collective Soul 2:53
- Such Great Heights (Remastered) The Postal Service 4:27
- Wandering Yosi Horikawa 4:06
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Daft Punk 3:45
- Hymn to the Muse Mesomedes Aulites 1:23
- How Soon Is Now? (2011 Remaster) The Smiths 6:48
- Fragment of stasimon of Orestes by Euripides (aPospasma apo stasimo tou Oresti tou Euripidi) Petros Tabouris 1:20
- "Song of Seikilos" (c.200 BCE - 100 CE) - Complete Ancient Greek Melody Michael Levy 3:21
- First Delphic Hymn to Apollo (Athenios son of Athenios) Rody van Gemert 2:04
- Deuteros Delphikos Imnos Ston Apollona - Second Delphic Hymn To Apollo Petros Tabouris 6:23
- Hymn to the Sun, By Mesomedes of Crete Aulites 2:45
Also in this month's Music Alive:
Music Notes: Spotify Music "Slows Down" in School Zones, Researchers Discover 17,000 Year-Old Musical Instrument, Daft Punk Splits After 28 Years, and more!...
Musical Mythbusters: You have to have a college degree to get a job in music
Cool Careers: Kristi Jacobsen, Podcaster