Music Alive! uses the life-changing power of music to inspire teenagers to be passionate learners. That mission has inspired our publication for 39 years and it continues to drive us forward.
In service of this mission, we develop every Music Alive! resource and activity to positively impact music education in five fundamental ways:
- We close the gap between the contemporary world of music and the music classroom.
- We deliver standards-based music education via materials that are uniquely exciting to teenage students.
- We partner with music teachers in the effort to enhance students’ classroom music experience.
- We expand students’ awareness and appreciation of musical styles and genres, music history, music-related technology, and careers in music.
- We join forces with like-minded music industry organizations and companies for the creation of legislative, philanthropic, and public relations initiatives that support music education.
|May 2015—Fifth Harmony|