25-year-olds Taylor Dye and Madison Marlow have blended their penchant for honesty with a relentless drive to succeed to create an unstoppable country music force. Although they released their second album, The Way It Feels in April 2020 in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, the girls are ready to take on true stardom.
Listen to Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer” in this issue’s Listening Guide
Two Girls and a Country Song
10 year-old drummer challenges Dave Grohl to a drumming contest
and composer Marcelo Woloski
Activity plans for this month’s features
The percussion family includes a wide array of instruments. While the action of playing them may look similar across the board, many are built to create textures and rhythms rather than melodies.
The Music of New York City The city that never sleeps is full of opportunity, originality and rich music history.
Song of the Month
Maddie & Tae’s “Die From a Broken Heart”
Hear the Music: This monthly playlist accompanies every issue of Music Alive!
- Die From A Broken Heart Maddie & Tae 3:08
- Tiny Dancer Elton John 6:14
- Theme From New York, New York (Remastered 2008) Frank Sinatra 3:25
- When You Want 'Em, You Can't Get 'Em, When You've Got 'Em, You Don't Want 'Em George Gershwin 1:58
- This Land Is Your Land Woody Guthrie 2:16
- Marie from Sunny Italy Vic LaRose & The Caberet Gang 2:34
- Puttin' On The Ritz Taco 4:38
Also in this month's Music Alive:
Music Notes: 10 year-old challenges Dave Grohl do a drumming contest, Jazz Day, Bill & Ted Use Music to Save the World
Musical Mythbusters: It's impossible to become a recording artist these days.
Cool Careers: Ali Hendrick, Booking Agent
Cover Story: How Maddie & Tae got their start in country music