Although H.E.R. arrived in 2016, many do not know much about "her!" and that is by design. The mysterious singer is known for keeping a low profile and letting her music do the talking. This month's Music Alive! cover story covers it all.
Music Alive Books
The rhythm and music of Brazil will leave you dancing!
A mysterious debut shoots H.E.R. to stardom
Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” is a timeless classic.
From traditional to avant-garde, marching music is an art form all its own.
Mythbuster: Has a piano always had 88 keys?
Activity plans for this month’s features
The Music of Brazil Brazil is a melting pot of musical styles and history. Whether you are dancing or relaxing, the sounds of music are a part of Brazilian culture and life.
Song of the Month
H.E.R’s “Hold On”
Hear the Music: This monthly playlist accompanies every issue of Music Alive!
- Hold On H.E.R. 3:23
- Feeling Good Nina Simone 2:58
- Chega De Saudade Joao Gilberto 2:02
- The Girl From Ipanema (feat. Astrud Gilberto) Antonio Carlos Jobim 5:22
- Mas Que Nada Jorge Ben 3:02
- Construção Chico Buarque 6:25
- Amor Secos & Molhados 2:17
- Pra Frente (Ao Vivo) Ivete Sangalo 3:16
- Pelo Telefone Martinho da Vila 2:30
Also in this month's Music Alive:
Music Notes: Influencers of all Ages, Visit the GRAMMY Museum Virtually, Lowest Note Sung by a Human, and more!...
Musical Mythbusters: Symphony Orchestras only play classical music. (Fiction)
Cool Careers: Jenna Day, Music Store Owner